Medical Scientific Liaison - Acute Hospital Care
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. MRL is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take MSD’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The Medical Scientific Liaison serves as an advocate for MSD science within the healthcare community. By virtue of his/her training, the MSL is well-positioned to discuss and provide scientific and therapeutic information to Health Care Professionals and Researchers (Clinical and Scientific Leaders) viewed by their peers to be authorities in a therapeutic field. The MSL is responsible for ensuring that he/she is fully versed in the therapeutic area and up-to-date on all major studies, both ongoing and completed, competitive product information, clinical data and relevant pipeline data. The MSL also bear knowledge transfer roles, providing extensive training and support to sales and marketing personnel to ensure product characteristics familiarity in the franchises/therapeutic areas
- Interact with healthcare professionals, clinical investigators, providing current, fair, balanced, and scientifically rigorous medical and clinical information
- Meet with healthcare professionals who might be interested in engaging in a scientific discussion regarding a product’s medical and clinical profile in the context of approved prescribing information as well as in response to unsolicited questions or requests for information which may involve off-label information
- Implement tactics identified in the Medical Affairs Plans (MAP)
- Alert investigators to MSD's program for Investigator Initiated Study Proposals (MISP) and to the process for submitting investigator designed proposals for review and approval; encourage and facilitate research publication of MISP studies supported by MSD, in strict compliance with HQ and local guidance regarding MISP's.
- Work with Regional Medical Lead personnel to identify potential investigators for Phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trials
- When requested, attend scientific meetings/conferences/symposia and disseminate scientific information to other stakeholders
- Be involved in the local medical and legal review of promotional materials
- Be responsible for reviewing of promotional materials and ensure that all materials meet high internal standards of MSD and that they adhere to local regulatory guidelines.
- Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Life Sciences
- Minimum 2 years of experience in research
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Strong scientific baseline knowledge, clinical trials methods, implementation and interpretation, sound scientific and clinical judgment
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and customer-facing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Proactive "can do" attitude and passion for the science related to the products and associated therapeutic area
- A team player
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.