This Memorandum of Understanding dated 21st. August, 1995 is between The Federation of Malaysian Consumers Associations, The Malaysian Medical Association, The Malaysian Dental Association and The Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society.
The Federation of Malaysian Consumers Associations (FOMCA) is committed to the protection of consumer rights and to consumer education.
The Malaysian Medical Association (MMA) is committed to sustaining the professional standard of medical ethics as to education and directing public opinion on the problems of public health as affecting the community at large.
The Malaysian Dental Association (MDA) is dedicated to supporting and promoting a high standard of ethics and professional conduct and to directing public opinion on dentistry and the problems of dental health.
The Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society (MPS) is committed to further the development of pharmacy, to enhancing the standards and ethics of the profession and to assisting in improving the health services in the country.
Representatives from each of the above organization signed the Memorandum of Understanding :
|1.||Dato' Dr. R.S. McCoy||President of MMA|
|2.||Encik Mohd Hamdan Adnan||President of FOMCA|
|3.||Dr. A. Ratnanesan||President of MDA|
|4.||Mr. John C.P. Chang||President of MPS|
Preamble To The Patient's Charter
- Recognising that the relationship between the provider of health care and a patient is privileged and sacrosanct.
- Recognising that the highest traditions of health care mandate mutual trust and respect between the provider of health care and the patient.
- Recognising that the meaningful partnership between the provider of health care and a patient requires that the patient participates actively in decisions relating to the patient's health.
- Recognising that a patient must assume not only rights but also responsibilities.
- Recognising that this Charter advocates universal ideals and standards of health care, which the government, the providers of healthcare and the public should strive to achieve.
- Recognising that this Charter is an educational document embodying the Code of Medical Ethics.
The Parties Hereto Adopt This Charter And Call Upon Its Observance By All Concerned.