MPS Announcements, Articles & News Alerts
WORLD PHARMACISTS DAY 2018 - NATIONAL LEVEL
Planning for this event started as early as August last year with the first meeting in the office of the State Pharmacist in KL. It was with good support and the Pharmaceutical Services Program of the Ministry of Health was in it right from the beginning. As is usual since the event is a year away at that time, there were only few meetings initially but the ideas were already brewing in the minds of the respective portfolio person-in-charge As the day come nearer there were more meetings but only if necessary as today's social media connections made it much easier to plan and co-ordinate matters.
For the first time it will be a joint effort with the Pharmaceutical Services Program, Malaysian Armed Forces HQ- Health Services Division, MPS, MCPG, PhAMA, MOPI
It is to be mentioned that the enthusiasm of the WPD is felt at the state level starting from as early as August with Penang and Selangor holding the first WPD celebration, followed by other states mainly between 22 ? 29 September. The official internationally observed day for WPD is 25th September but for practical reasons celebration can be carried out any day.
For the national celebration the dates and times are
Date: 20-21 October 2018
Time: 10am - 10pm both days
Venue: MyTOWN Shopping Centre, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
It will be officiated by YB Datuk Seri Dr Zulkefly Ahmad, the Minister of Health Malaysia.
There will be exhibition booths for the public to learn about pharmacy and pharmacist, fun with photo booth, Meet the Pharmacists at various times throughout the day, talks by practitioner pharmacists on health issues, video on Know Your Medicines, Kid's Zone, Health Screening, Snake & Ladder, special performances by various groups of universities and many more
MPS will have a booth (Booth13) to promote the profession as well as a membership drive
PHARMAQUIZ BOOTH (NO 14)
Another happening at the WPD2018 is at the PharmaQuiz Booth no. 14. It will be open daily. The Young Pharmacists Chapter will be looking after this MPS booth (booth 14) for PharmaQuiz. Runned by the group of volunteers of the YPC, in the program will be crossword puzzle, captain hook, fortune bowl, now you see me, chair rally, guess the word and more. There will be a range of prizes from postcards to hampers and USB cable
WORLD PHARMACISTS DAY - PHARMACY TALENT SHOW
Have you seen what you can do with a football besides just kicking it into a goal ? Come see it at the Pharmacy Talent Show this weekend at 7.30pm. There will be singing and dancing performances by individuals, duets, groups, instrumental guitar with accompanying singing, arabic songs, and rap song.
MALAYSIAN PHARMACEUTICAL SOCIETY KEDAH-PERLIS AREA
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Annual General Meeting ("AGM") of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society ("MPS") Kedah Perlis Area will be held at the Sentosa Regency Hotel, Jalan Pintu Sepuluh, Alor Setar, Kedah on 10th November 2018 (Saturday), at 4.30pm
- To establish the quorum for Annual General Meeting,
- To present the opening remarks by Mr Teoh Hock Guan, Chairman of the MPS Kedah Perlis Area Committee,
- To consider and adopt the agenda of the MPS Kedah Perlis Area Annual General Meeting 2018,
- To consider and adopt the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society Kedah Perlis Area held at Fuller Hotel, Alor Setar, Kedah on 19th November 2016,
- To present and accept the Annual Report of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society Kedah Perlis Area Committee for the year 2017,
- To present and accept the Audited Financial Statements for the financial year ended 31st December 2017 and current year (until October 2018),
- To discuss any arising matters from thereof,
- To elect the new steering committee of the MPS Kedah-Perlis Area 2018-2020 and MPS Young Pharmacist Chapter Kedah Perlis Area 2018-2020,
- To appoint auditors for the year 2018-2020.
- Members who wish to table any issue(s) for discussion during the AGM are requested to submit their proposal(s) to the Honorary Secretary / Vice Secretary via email@example.com by 1st November 2018. Such notice shall be proposed by one (1) ordinary or life member and seconded by at least one(1) other ordinary or life member.
- Members who attend the AGM of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society Kedah Perlis Area qualify for two CPD points (under CPD Category B3).
MPS KEDAH PERLIS AREA COMMITTEE 2018 - 2020 ELECTIONS: EXTENSION OF NOMINATION DATE
A notice has been issued stating that the nomination period for the MPS-Kedah-Perlis Area Committee and Young Pharmacist Chapter Kedah Perlis Area Steering Committee is extended till 31st October 2018 (Wednesday)
All positions remain open for nomination. The completed nomination forms should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon verification their details will be uploaded to http://bit.ly/mpskpacnomlist.. All nominees are also required to fill up their candidate profile at http://bit.ly/mpskpaccandprof (for MPS KPAC), or http://bit.ly/mpsypckpaccp2018 (for MPS YPC KPAC) before the end of the nomination date of 31st Oct 2018
KEDAH PERLIS ANNUAL PHARMACY SYMPOSIUM 2018
After 2 years, the Kedah-Perlis Annual Pharmacy Symposium 2018 is now BACK with exciting program awaiting you!
Grab the offer (ADDITIONAL VALUES with LOWER PRICE) and embark on a journey of learning in various fields of pharmacy NOW!
The exciting topics include Use of Complementary Medicine in Today's Pharmacy: Drug-Herb-Nutrient Interaction, Optimizing Pharmacotherapy & Pharmaceutical Care in Psychiatric Disorders: Handle with Care.
Tickets are selling FAST! Tarry no more and head over to http://bit.ly/mpskpaps2018 to secure your seats NOW, before the SUPER DEALS END (at anytime)!
GRAB YOUR SEATS NOW!
MALAYSIAN CLINICAL PHARMACY SYMPOSIUM (MCPS) 2.0 | 24th NOVEMBER 2018 | UNIVERSITY KEBANGSAAN MALAYSIA (UKM), KUALA LUMPUR | REGISTRATION CLOSED
Announcement from the Organiser:
Introducing the first 3 speakers for Malaysian Clinical Pharmacy Symposium (MCPS) 2.0:
We are very delighted to have 3 distinguished speakers from diverse backgrounds with in-depth knowledge in the field of oncology to enlighten us during MCPS 2.0 on 24th November 2018 (Saturday), in University Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), Kuala Lumpur Campus.
Our first speaker, Dr Murallitharan Munisamy who is the Medical Director of National Cancer Society of Malaysia, will be sharing on "Pharmacists in the Continuum of Cancer Care".
Next on the list we have Mr Kenny Dang Chee Chean, the head of Oncology Pharmacy Unit in Hospital Melaka who has 12 years of working experience as an oncology pharmacist. He will deliver a lecture on immunotherapies in oncology pharmacotherapy.
Our third speaker, Assoc. Prof. Dr Tan Teik Hin, a Consultant Nuclear Medicine Physician of Sunway Medical Centre will be sharing with us on nuclear medicine therapy in oncology.
Thank you for the overwhelming response! We are pleased to announce that the registration for MCPS 2.0 has closed.
For those who didn't manage to sign up, do not be disappointed! Kindly fill in the waiting list below and you will be informed when there's an available slot.
MPS LIFE MEMBERSHIP DRIVE: OCT-DEC 2018
When is the right time to join MPS?
Now, MPS Membership Chapter says. Be a MPS Life Member for maximum benefits
Why join MPS and received token of appreciation to those who sign up as life member with goodies / hampers worth not less than RM350/-
MPS-SWIPE RX TESTIMONIAL CHALLENGE SURVEY
In conjunction with World Pharmacists Day 2018, MPS Membership Chapter and SwipeRx have teamed up for this exclusive challenge just for you! If you are a MPS member, do tell us in not more than 300 words, how being a MPS member has made a difference for you personally, and professionally? Both entries in English and Bahasa Malaysia are accepted. You may stand a chance to win hampers worth RM500! Join now!
This campaign runs between 12th Oct and 21st Oct 2018. Winners will be announced on the 28th Oct. All winning entries will be published on SwipeRx and MPS official sites.
Submit your testimonial here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QM7CRN8?uid=srx_user_id
To inspire members to join the contest and to give an idea on how easy it is to participate in the contest a sample testimonial is provided by the Chairperson of the MPS-Membership Chapter
- Pharmacist - Health Lane Family Pharmacy Sdn Bhd (various locations) / please email your resume to to email@example.com or contact Ms Katherine (from HR) Tel: 03-4041 9182
- Pharmacist - Community Pharmacy (Kajang) / Please email your complete CV /Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ms Nur Fareha at 010 5633405/017 2403596
- Pharmacist - Plus Farmasi (Balakong) / Interested candidates are invited to send your resume to email@example.com or call 0179558817 (Pn Laily)