MPS Announcements, Articles & News Alerts
STOP WORKING IN SILOS, WORK TOGETHER TO BUILD INTEGRATED HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
KUALA LUMPUR, June 25, 2019 ? The Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society (MPS) recognises the plea made by general practitioners (GPs) during a recent town hall session with the Health Ministry to harmonise their consultation fees.
MPS supports their call for an increase in fees - provided community pharmacists dispense medicine to create an integrated healthcare ecosystem in the country.
Creating an integrated healthcare system that sees the active participation of all stakeholders, especially community pharmacists, is key to Malaysia achieving universal health coverage (UHC). This will also ensure healthcare is within reach to Malaysians of all walks.
PHARMACISTS AREN'T JUST MEDICINE SELLERS
Community pharmacists are part of the community. We are medicine experts; we are guardians of medicine; and, we are healthcare professionals.
A strong referral system that involves community pharmacists referring patients to GPs can benefit people.
Read the full news:
COMMUNITY PHARMACY MAP OF MALAYSIA
You may access this map through http://tiny.cc/rxmap
The location is based on the analysis on the Distribution of Poison License A Holders and Community Pharmacies (CP) in Malaysia:-
Using Google Maps, each community pharmacy was plotted on the map one by one (blue pin = independent pharmacy, orange pin = more than 1 branch)
Observations deduced from the map,
- The total number of community pharmacies is actually less than the figure in the report. As of now it is around 2780. This is due to human error mostly (duplicates, hospital pharmacy being taken into account) and some of the CPs could have closed.
- The number of community pharmacies are still lacking in certain suburbs and rural areas. Pharmacist should try and expand to these areas so that more people can get access to community pharmacy services.
- Certain urban areas have very dense numbers of CPs. In some places, one single street can have 3-4 CPs in a row while there are only 1-2 clinics in the vicinity. Zoning should be enforced in areas with a very high concentration of community pharmacy to population ratio.
- Based on the current distribution, certain parts of Malaysia is definitely ready for dispensing separation.
Limitation of this map:
- Google Maps only allow 10 layers so certain states were cramped into one layer
- Possible human error in compilation and missing out some pharmacies especially new ones.
- Certain pharmacies just could not be found. For these, their location were placed based on their address.
If there are any locations that were not placed or pinned correctly, or any CP that is missed out, please do email back to us so that the author can make the amendments.
Compiled by Tan Zhi Shan, Sujata (RPh 14569)
MEMBER?S PROFILE - SELF UPDATE ONLINE
Please update and also complete your member profile online at the MPS website. This is important especially your contact details since certain information or invitation that is extended to you by nomal post can reach you. There could also be instances where it is require to contact you in a short time so your email / hp is important
If your pharmacist registration number is missing do please provide it also. Membership to MPS is open only to registered pharmacist thus this number is important.
Please note that not all items can be updated by member and they are the Member?s name, membership type, login name and password. If there are any updates or amendment on these items please email to the secretariat for verification and they will be updated for you.
Guide to update member?s profile:
To begin please visit the MPS website at www.mps.org.my and login. Then go to Members Option to pull down the dropdown menu to access "My Profile". (See graphics guide for these initial steps) If you wish to make any updates scroll down to bottom of the screen to "Edit My Profile". After completing your update, please submit "Update My Profile" or you may also "Cancel Update". When you have completed do remember to Log out
PHARM-BOWL TOURNAMENT: MPS YPC KEDAH- PERLIS
Pharm-Bowl Tournament 2019
Date: 17 Aug 2019 (Sat)
Time: 10.30am - 1.00pm
Venue: Aman Bowl, Aman Central, Kedah.
- RM15/person (MPS member)
- RM20/person (non MPS member)
Kindly register & make payment as a group of 4
Entitlement: E-certificate, CPD point, Door gift, Prizes
Wei Li 0125659803/
Wait no more for a healthier lifestyle~JOoom
PHARMACIST ANNUAL CERTIFICATE
You could actually start to apply for next year Annual Certificate. In fact this can be done as early as in April. Before applying please get your CPD points certificate ready. You can use the 2018 CPD points for this application.
Note: For the 2021 Annual Certificate you can use the CPD points earned in 2019 so start to accumulate them now. You can apply for the 2021 in early 2020.
14th MPS - PHARMACY SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE / INTERNATIONAL
CONFERENCE ON PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH AND PHARMACY
Jointly organized with the International International Islamic University from 19-20th Oct 2019. It will be held in conjunction with the International Conference on Pharmaceutical Research and Pharmacy.
Abstracts and accepted full article will be published in the Journal of Pharmacy and BioAllied Sciences ( SCOPUS - indexed)
Theme is Drug Utilisation Research in the Era of Big Data.
- Early Bird registration: 1st Sep 2019
- Closing date for abstract submission: extended till 31st May (from 1st May)
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 30th Jun
- Deadline for full article submission: 31st Jul
MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT - FROM NAZA AUTO
Members can now have an additional option for the purchase of cars for personal use. NAZA Auto has offer to provide MPS members rebate from their nett selling price for some of their car models:
- Kia: 4 - 6 %
- Peugeot, Citroen and DS: 5%
OTHER NEWS IN BRIEF
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN DIABETES MANAGEMENT AND EDUCATION PROGRAMME (PGDME)
- In collaboration with the International Medical University.
- Objective : to enhance the skills of healthcare professionals working with people with diabetes. This includes pharmacists in clinical, community and retail setting.
- Fees offer: By the IMU bursary a special 20% discount on tuition fees for MPS members
- Duration: 1 year full-time student or within a maximum period of 3 years as a part-time student.
- Assessment is via a 100% in-course activities
- The programme is currently open for registration of its second intake of students in July 2019.
MPS will verify the membership upon the candidate signing sign up for the program.
>>> IMU Postgraduate Diploma in Diabetes Management and Education
For more details please visit www.imu.edu.my/pgdme or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03-2727 7457
PARENTERAL NUTRITION SEMINAR 2019
Date: 26-28th Jul 2019 in Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Theme: Translating Nutrition in Pharmacy Service: The Forgotten Needs
CMEd SILVER ACCREDITED PHARMACIST
CMEd Silver Masterclass (face-to-face): 21st Sep 2019, from 9.30am - 1.00pm at Wisma MPS; fees RM159/-. Scholarship of RM100 is available for the 1st 50 completed learners. (Pre-requisite: completed the Bronze programme - both online module and Masterclass)
KONVENSYEN HALAL FARMASEUTIKAL KEBANGSAAN 2019
Date: 2-4 July 2019
Venue: Hotel Perdana, Kota Bharu
CPD AND COMMUNITY PHARMACY TASKFORCE KEDAH/PERLIS MEETING
Date: 20th Jul 2019 at Starcity Hotel, Alor Setar
Register at bit.ly/cptaskforc
PAHANG PHARMACY CONFERENCE 2019
Date: 19-21 July 2019
Venue: Auditorium Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan
3rd NATIONAL PAEDIATRIC PHARMACY MEETING
Date: 24rd-25th July 2019 at Le Meridien, Putrajaya
There will also be a one-day pre-conference: Thalassemia Adherence Management Workshop on the 23rd July 2019 as a sequel to the 2nd NPPM event held in 2017.
COMPREHENSIVE DIABETIC WORKSHOP 2019 - PENANG
Date: 17th August 2019 (Saturday)
For further information, feel free to email to email@example.com.
SABAH STATE PHARMACY CONFERENCE 2019
Date: 24-25th Aug 2019, The Marriott Hotel, Kota Kinabalu.
The programme and registration can be accessed at:
at www.sabahpharmsoc.com or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIT TO HOSPITAL DUCHESS OF KENT SANDAKAN
The MPS Hospital Pharmacy Chapter shall be organising a visit to the Hospital Duchess of Kent, Sandakan form 12-14 July 2019
- Ryan Chan: 016 442 3428 (Sandakan EXCO member, Sabah Pharmaceutical Society)
- James Voo: 012 864 4008 (Hosp Duchess of Kent, Sandakan, Clinical Pharmacist)
For more program details, log on to bit.ly/2PTnzKr
PERAK PHARMRUN 2019
In conjunction with WORLD PHARMACIST DAY 2019, Bahagian Perkhidmatan Farmasi Negeri Perak in collaboration with Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society (MPS) Perak will be organising an event for all RUNNERS
Date :8 September 2019 (Sunday)
Registration: ( open till 1st Jul 2019)
- Download JomRun from Play Store / App Store
- Android app: http://bit.ly/jomrun
- Iphone app: http://bit.ly/jomrunios
For more infomation visit: http://jomrun.com/event/Perak-PharmRun-2019
For further enquiries, do check out our official Facebook page and instagram "PERAK PHARMRUN 2019"
or you may contact our TEAM:
- Azura: 016-7740843
- Mastura: 017-4462719
- Ng: 012-5362648