MPS Announcements, Articles & News Alerts
REGISTRATION TO ATTEND TOWNHALL MEETING HONORABLE HEALTH MINISTER WITH PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY SESSION SERIES II
MPS had received an invitation for the Townhall meeting Minister of health with Pharmaceutical industry Series II. This will take place on 8th Aug 2019, from 2pm ? 5pm at the Auditorium Cempaka Sari, Putrajaya.
For the time being MPS is offered 200 places for the Townhall and the Ministry had requested for a registration list of attendees. Do sign up to attend as soon as possible. The registration is on till 30th Jul.
Member who register with the MPS will be getting a hand-fan as well as a button badge . These will be distributed at the venue upon signing in. They will be used as a show of unity of pharmacist at the Townhall meeting
DO SIGN UP TO ATTEND TO SUPPORT AS THE YOUR MESSAGE BEING PRESENTED TO THE MINISTER OF HEALTH
Every attendee who signed will be given a button badge and a hand-held fan to show support the profession.
TEMPORARY INTERN REQUIRED
Temporary intern is required URGENTLY to assist with documentation for the TOWNHALL WITH HONORABLE MINISTER OF HEALTH
- To compile issues in an orderly manner for presentation
- For those who are pending PRP / FRP posting, or who are retired are most welcome to apply.
- Being social media savvy is an advantage.
- Service period : One month with immediate effect
- Renumeration : RM2,000 for the month
- Available positions: 3
- If you know of someone who would fit this opening please inform them to apply immediately.
- This is a full time program.
Quickly submit your resume to email@example.com with Subject matter / Title:
Townhall internship <applicant name>
NOTICE OF MPS EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
TO: ALL MPS MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society will be held on 18th Aug 2019 at 10.00am at the Wisma MPS, 16-2 Jalan OP 1/5, 1-Puchong Business Park, Off Jalan Puchong, Puchong, Selangor.
All MPS Members are invited to attend.
- Welcome Remarks by the MPS President
- Confirmation of quorum
- Adoption of Agenda
- To proposed amends to the constitution of the MPS will be made to the following sections :
- Formatting and grammar corrections to the whole documents.
- Clause 1: Name
- Clause 3: Objectives
- Clause 4: Membership
- Clause 5 Election of Members
- Clause 7: Resignation and Termination
- Clause 9: Delegates Meeting
- Clause 10: Central Committee
- Clause 13: Dissolution
- Clause 15: General Meetings of Branch
- Clause 16: Committee of Branch
- Clause 17: Duties of Branch Office Bearers
- New Clause : Setting up of Election Committee
- The voting mechanism will be shared with members in a few weeks as soon as we confirm with ROS and council members.
- The proposed constitution amendments can be found at the MPS website members' section.
Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy
MQUIT SERVICE: CERTIFIED SMOKING CESSATION SERVICE PROVIDER (CSCSP) WORKSHOP + OSCE
Date: 4th August 2019
Time: 9am - 5.30pm
There are 2 parts to this programme.
A pre-requisite to attend is to have participated at the online CSCSP 7-module (Level 1) available at the Academy website. The Workshop ( or Level 2) is the practical training using the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
The refresher course to the CSCSP will be conducted in the morning, with the OSCE in afternoon
ICPRP - IIUM - MPS PSC 2019 (ICPRP 2019)
The International Conference on Pharmaceutical Research and Pharmacy Practice cum 14th IIUM ? MPS Pharmacy Scientific Conference will be held from 19-20th October
This is jointly organised by the Kulliyah of Pharmacy and IIUMMC of the International Islamic University, Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society and the Department of Pharmacy of Universitas Islam Indonesia
The theme is Drug Utilisation Research in the Era of Big Data.
Abstracts and accepted full article will be published in the Journal of Pharmacy and BioAllied Sciences ( SCOPUS - indexed)
Please note the following new datelines:
- Early Bird registration: 1st Sep 2019
- Closing date for abstract submission: extended till 31st Jul 2019 (from 1st May)
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 15th Aug 2019
- Deadline for full article submission: 30th Sep 2019
» For more details and registration: https://conference.iium.edu.my/ICPRP
WORLD PHARMACISTS DAY 2019 (STATES)
|7 Sep||Kedah / Perlis|
|28 Sep||Negeri Sembilan|
|29 Sep||WP KL Putrajaya|
PHARM-BOWL TOURNAMENT: MPS YPC KEDAH- PERLIS
Pharm-Bowl Tournament 2019
Date: 17 Aug 2019 (Sat)
Time: 10.30am - 1.00pm
Venue: Aman Bowl, Aman Central, Kedah.
Wei Li 0125659803/
MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT - PURCHASE OF CARS
FROM NAZA AUTO (June 2019 - Dec 2019)
Members can now have an additional option for the purchase of cars for personal use. NAZA Auto has offer to provide MPS members rebate from their nett selling price for some of their car models:
- Kia: 4 - 6 %
- Peugeot, Citroen and DS: 5%
This benefit is also applicable for student members
PROTON CORPORATE PROGRAM (June 2019 - December 2019)
Selected models of PROTON cars with discount offered will be for new cars and it will be between RM500/- to RM1,800/- depending on the model , on top of their monthly retail campaign as per Corporate Offers. This benefit is also applicable for student members.
BMW GROUP CORPORATE PROGRAM (June 2019 - June 2021)
BMW Malaysia Sdn Bhd is offering special discount to members of MPS for the purchase of selected models of their cars.The discount offered will be for new cars and it will be 7% off the Recommended Retail Price off the road.
PARENTERAL NUTRITION SEMINAR 2019
Date: 26-28th Jul 2019 in Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Theme: Translating Nutrition in Pharmacy Service: The Forgotten Needs
CMEd SILVER ACCREDITED PHARMACIST
CMEd Silver Masterclass (face-to-face): 21st Sep 2019, from 9.30am - 1.00pm at Wisma MPS; fees RM159/-. Scholarship of RM100 is available for the 1st 50 completed learners. (Pre-requisite: completed the Bronze programme - both online module and Masterclass)
COMPREHENSIVE DIABETIC WORKSHOP 2019 - PENANG
Date: 17th August 2019 (Saturday)
For further information, feel free to email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SABAH STATE PHARMACY CONFERENCE 2019
Date: 24-25th Aug 2019, The Marriott Hotel, Kota Kinabalu.
The programme and registration can be accessed at:
at www.sabahpharmsoc.com or email to email@example.com
PERAK PHARMRUN 2019
In conjunction with WORLD PHARMACIST DAY 2019, Bahagian Perkhidmatan Farmasi Negeri Perak in collaboration with Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society (MPS) Perak will be organising an event for all RUNNERS
Date :8 September 2019 (Sunday)
Registration: ( open till 1st Jul 2019)
- Download JomRun from Play Store / App Store
- Android app: http://bit.ly/jomrun
- Iphone app: http://bit.ly/jomrunios
For more infomation visit: http://jomrun.com/event/Perak-PharmRun-2019
For further enquiries, do check out our official Facebook page and instagram "PERAK PHARMRUN 2019"
or you may contact our TEAM:
- Azura: 016-7740843
- Mastura: 017-4462719
- Ng: 012-5362648
- Pharmacist Cum Business Development / please send your resume to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at 603-3323 6115 / 012-333 9600 Mr Lew